Thursday, March 12, 2020

STATE SCHOLASTIC 2020 CANCELED

Wisconsin State Scholastic tournament has been canceled- see email from Mike Nietman below:

All,

Below are snippets of an e-mail from UW-Oshkosh cancelling all events on campus including the 2020 State Scholastic Championship until further notice.  If the virus abates by May or June we may try to hold an event but only time will tell.  For now, I plan on issuing refunds for entries.

If you snail mailed me a check, let me know if you need it returned or if I should just shred it.

If you registered online, I will need to send you a check.  However, the site charges me $1 per entry and a credit card processing fee.  I will probably be sending you the difference, which is what I receive from them.  This may take a week or two to work thru the process.  Please be patient.

If you reserved lodging at Gruenhagen, they will cancel the reservation without penalty and they will contact you to confirm.

If you booked a team room at Reeve Union and paid a deposit, it will be refunded by UW-O.

If you have a question, please let me know otherwise I’d appreciate it if my in box cooled down for a bit.  J

In talking with my contact at Gruenhagen, if the virus abates in a month or so, we may consider holding an event or two in May or June.  One idea would be to hold the varsity competition on one weekend and the K-5/K-8 on another.  If so, I may be able to hold both in Gruenhagen for instance.

If not, we’ll hold the trophies until 2021.

If anyone has already signed up or is planning on signing up for nationals, please pay attention to the event’s website for updates.  There will most likely be some changes.

Please note that this is going out to my scholastic e-mail list.  I will need to send out a second wave later tonight catching all that have registered that may not be on this list already.  Sorry for the duplicate e-mails.

Stay healthy!

Mike




https://uwosh.edu/internal-comm/wp-content/uploads/sites/131/2019/07/OSH-Chancellor.jpg
Dear University community,
Thank you for your patience and for staying up to date while public health, safety and other UW Oshkosh leaders and I made several important decisions regarding university operations and instruction in light of the continuing concerns about COVID-19.
Today, I am announcing that all campus-based classes on our Fond du Lac, Fox Cities and Oshkosh campuses will be canceled for the week of March 16. We will begin delivery of courses through alternative delivery methods on Monday, March 30. All online classes currently in session are not impacted by this decision.
Events
All UWO sponsored events and those events held on our campuses are canceled immediately until further notice. We ask that you consider your health and the health of those around you when thinking about attendance at any group event.

Chancellor Andy Leavitt
This email was sent by the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, 800 Algoma Blvd., Oshkosh, WI 54901. Notice of Nondiscrimination: uwosh.edu/non. UW Oshkosh is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC): uwosh.edu/accreditation.
‏‏‎

No comments:

Post a Comment